none
Top related threads

Question

• I would suggest to get rid of the Top Related Threads list that pops up when you go to ask a question.

1. 1t is distracting and wastes space on the page.

2. The list is almost never relevant, in my experience.

3. I'm sure it encourages newcomers to attach their question to some old (possibly answered) thread, rather than start a new one.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:01 AM

All replies

• @davewilk, this release we have made a few improvements regarding the relevancy of the threads which appear when a user goes to ask a question (this will be released today). In the past we have used an algorithm to populate this list, we will be transitioning into performing a search based on the thread text. By allowing these threads to be more relevant our hope is that we will reduce duplicated threads and help users find answers faster.  

Forums Program Manager

Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Can you at least then remove the huge icons next to the questions in the list?  What happens is I type my question then press Tab to get to the text area of the main message.  Then the list of related questions comes out and takes up so much space that it pushes the main message box almost completely off the screen.
    Friday, July 12, 2013 3:37 PM