Problem with Excel 2007 files RRS feed

• General discussion

• I found that excel 2007 files (*.xlsx) do not sync from live mesh to my phone (Omnia i900). I have several .xlsx files on my PC in a folder/sub-folder and they don't appear in my phone's memory (memory card) after synchronizing. But old excel files (.xls) don't seem to have a problem. ????

Any ideas?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:08 AM

All replies

• I am synchronizing an .xlsx file from my Mesh to my Windows Mobile 6.1 device just fine. I think it may be worth filing a bug report.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:21 AM
  • When .xlsx files are in folders, there is no problem. It happens when this files are located in sub-folders.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:44 PM
  • I´m using Live Mesh Mobile version 0.9.4014.2. Is this the latest one?
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:46 PM
  • I´m using Live Mesh Mobile version 0.9.4014.2. Is this the latest one?

That's the version that I have. If xls files are in a sub-folder within the Meshed folder, they sync fine, just not the xlsx files? I just threw an xlsx file in a sub folder on my PC and fired up Live Mesh on my phone and the new file is on the phone after I ran the sync from the phone.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:15 PM
  • I´m still having the problem with .xlsx files larger than 500kg. I have already submited the live mesh log file since last week.

Thanks
    Monday, September 28, 2009 10:49 PM
  • I´m still having the problem with .xlsx files larger than 500kg. I have already submited the live mesh log file since last week.

Thanks

Do xlsx files under 500K sync fine even if they are within a sub-folder?
    -steve
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:18 PM
  • xlsx files under 500K sync fine even within a sub-folder. Even better if they are under 60K.

Thanks,

Augusto
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:42 AM
  • That's an interesting twist. Hopefully the logs/bug submission will allow the developers to determine the cause and either provide the solution to you or fix it for a future release.
    -steve
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:18 PM
  • Maybe this problem is due to file conflicts. Maybe file conflicts remain as a loop in the phone.

Thanks
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:43 PM
  • I suppose anything is possible, though I would be more suspect about the path being an issue since it only affects files within a sub-folder for you *and* over 500k. So, perhaps a combination of the path and a timeout issue.
    -steve

Thursday, October 1, 2009 1:01 PM