create managed solution - how to prevent them from adding instances to some entities if they are admin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everbody,

if i create a managed solution for everyone - and someone is importing this solution in their crm - how can i prevent the people from creating new instances to some entities.

It is their crm-system, and they are admins, so i think they have all rights (in the securityrole) incl. create new instances.

Gr.
    PeB

Friday, July 28, 2017 4:33 PM

All replies

• A user with the System Administrator role will always be able to create a new instance of any entity, regardless of whether it is managed or not.

Even if you write a plugin to stop the creation of certain entities, a System Administrator could just disable it...

The typical approach is to include in your solution a security role that restricts creation of certain entities, and recommend that the admins give that role to the non-admin users.

Beyond that you could think about sending an alert email if a user creates a new record of the entities you're trying to prevent new instances of (which again, a sys admin could deactivate).

• Edited by Aron F Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:54 PM
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:14 PM