"MS-Diagnostics header not provided by previous hop" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to place calls from the MOC client to a hardware phone controlled by a cisco CallManager.  When I place a call to "sip:2004@cm.ocsdemo.com" I get a 404 with the reason code: "MS-Diagnostics header not provided by previous hop."  The error is returned by OCS.

Anyone have any suggestions on what the issue might be here?

Thanks,

Randy

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:48 PM

Answers

• Randy,

A 404 SIP error means "Not Found". This makes sense because the SIP phone is not a registered endpoint in OCS. When the MOC client attempts to contact another user it looks up where the user is registered and routes to those endpoints. This endpoint doesn't exist to OCS.

Interop with Cisco CallManager is something we are still working on and will have more details in the near future.

Friday, May 18, 2007 12:13 AM

All replies

• Can you post any events or errors you are getting? Does the call make it to your mediation server? If so, does your mediation server then route out to the Cisco?
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:06 PM
  • Randy,

A 404 SIP error means "Not Found". This makes sense because the SIP phone is not a registered endpoint in OCS. When the MOC client attempts to contact another user it looks up where the user is registered and routes to those endpoints. This endpoint doesn't exist to OCS.

Interop with Cisco CallManager is something we are still working on and will have more details in the near future.

Friday, May 18, 2007 12:13 AM