Changing CRM URLs after Go Live RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am upgrading a CRM system from 2011 to 2013.  We are deploying new servers for CRM 2013 then decommissioning the old servers once 2013 is online.

The 2011 is configured with IFD, we would like to resuse these URLS for the new 2013 system.  Will it be possible to configure IFD for 2013 during the install, update and testing then once the 2011 system is taken offline, resuse the 2011 URLs for the 2013 IFD.

Thanks!
    TT

Friday, February 20, 2015 3:29 PM

Answers

• So you won't be able to have the DNS pointing to them both at the same time, so best bet would be to set up everything except IFD, then schedule a downtime to migrate the database to the new system and also migrate your IFD and DNS then.

side note, any reason why you're not going to CRM 2015?  It's based on CRM 2013, so there's no reason not to jump all the way there.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, February 20, 2015 4:33 PM

All replies

• So you won't be able to have the DNS pointing to them both at the same time, so best bet would be to set up everything except IFD, then schedule a downtime to migrate the database to the new system and also migrate your IFD and DNS then.

side note, any reason why you're not going to CRM 2015?  It's based on CRM 2013, so there's no reason not to jump all the way there.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, February 20, 2015 4:33 PM
  • Where is ADFS installed ? If it's on one of the servers that you'll be replacing, and you're intending to reinstall ADFS on a new server, then you'll probably have to clean up some data in ADFS to get IFD working with Crm 2013.

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Friday, February 20, 2015 5:10 PM