LOC in XP says it is good . bur hourglass shows on LOC and Task Manager says LOC Not Responding RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed LOC on several XP machines over the years. The current hour glass showing up is a new one.

What do I do ?

mano
    San Diego, CA
    EMAIL REMOVED
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 10:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is this a new install?
    If so, something may be conflicting or a required service is not running. Check if Terminal Services is enabled in the list of running Services. It should be set to automatic start, not disabled.
    If that does not resolve it, and reinstalling OneCare does not resolve it, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, October 5, 2009 12:21 AM
  • Hr glass so LOC is locked so cannot clk/activate any options in the LOC window.

I've loaded/unloaded LOC several times today . . .  cannot find a Terminaskl Svcs  uner Msconfig.exe

mano
    Monday, October 5, 2009 12:38 AM
  • Thanks. I found Ternminal Svc and started it and it seems to work!!!

Many Thanks
    mano
    San Diego, CA
    Monday, October 5, 2009 1:39 AM
  • Thanks. I found Ternminal Svc and started it and it seems to work!!!

Many Thanks
    mano
    San Diego, CA

Glad to read that you resolved it. Make sure that Terminal Services is set to start automatically. If you continue to have problems getting OneCare to open or Terminal Services to start, go ahead and contact OneCare support.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, October 5, 2009 11:14 AM