Email activity from and To field RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

I want to create an email activity and then want to attach that with a newly created Sale Order. But this email activity will be a  copy of a received email.  How can I  easily copy the to and from fields of this received email to the newly created email activity for the order....

what I am currently doing is receiving the contents of "sender" and "toreceipients" thorugh the fetch query of the received email and then finding the contact or account id using the contents received from "sender" and "toreceipients" and then attaching them with "to" and "from" fields of the email activity. is this the only solution?

I got an idea, how about changing the regardingobjectid of the received email, will it appear in the Sale order activity if I assign it with Sale Order GUID?

Please help

Thanks
    Hassan

Friday, March 7, 2008 11:22 AM

Answers

• Changing the regardingobjectid and regardingobjecttypecode may work, but there may be a problem because, by the time the email is received, the corresponding activity is closed, and should therefore be read-only.

MS do allow the regarding field of an email to be changed after receipt when it is tracked in the Outlook client, but I don't know if that means you will be able to do the same via the CRM web service. You'll have to test it

Friday, March 7, 2008 12:18 PM