Currency Field Display CRM 2011 UR10 bug (?)- Shows with incorrect indentation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there - When I imported from another 2011 solution, the currency fields are displayed with awful indentation. I'm running UR10. 

Can anyone help in terms of getting the fields to display nicely as they did pre-import?

I know a change was introduced in UR10 to deal with a currency display issue in Internet Explorer 10. 

It is the same for the whole system wherever a currency field is displayed...

Thanks in advance!

Post Import:

Pre Import:

Josh Ash

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:13 AM

Answers

• This is an issue that some are experiencing after installing UR 10.  The best thing to do is log a support ticket so you can be made aware of the fix when it is available.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hey Josh; Sorry I can't be more specific as I'm not logged into CRM at the moment but this struck me as a global system option where you can actually change the formatting. I know that you can import system settings in with solutions so it sounds like this is what happened with it. I'll take a look in the morning and validate with my CRM and see if I can't post a few pictures. Cheers hope this helps until the morning.

Jason Cosman

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:23 AM
  • Hope it put you in the right direction certainly let me know if it was correct please.

Cheers

Jason Cosman

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:28 AM
  • Not sure about that as currency fields were displaying perfectly in the other solution.

The only difference was that I am running UR10 in the new environment..

Josh Ash

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:30 AM
  • Hey Josh; Sorry I can't be more specific as I'm not logged into CRM at the moment but this struck me as a global system option where you can actually change the formatting. I know that you can import system settings in with solutions so it sounds like this is what happened with it. I'll take a look in the morning and validate with my CRM and see if I can't post a few pictures. Cheers hope this helps until the morning.

Jason Cosman

Hi Jason

I've tried changing all these global settings - but to no avail.

I uninstalled UR10 (back to UR6), but am now getting a plugin error that did not appear before I installed UR10.

So I'm going to try reinstalling CRM to UR6 and leave it there.

Has anyone else installed UR10 without errors? I note there is another post talking about the stability of the Outlook Client after installing UR10.

I would love to hear some feedback from people who are using UR10 in a production environment with > 100 users..

Cheers

Josh Ash

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:18 AM
  • hi josh,

we have the same issue here, and we didonly the update to ur10.

idont think this was planed by ms to display it like this (hopefully), so i think this is a bug.

this is definately since update to ur10!

gr.pit

• Edited by Pe.B Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:14 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:13 AM
  • hi josh,

we have the same issue here, and we didonly the update to ur10.

idont think this was planed by ms to display it like this (hopefully), so i think this is a bug.

this is definately since update to ur10!

gr.pit

Thanks muchly, appreciate your response

Josh Ash

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:05 AM
  • This is an issue that some are experiencing after installing UR 10.  The best thing to do is log a support ticket so you can be made aware of the fix when it is available.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:03 PM
  • are there any new insights ?
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 6:48 AM
  • hey mate - there are tickets open on other UR10 bugs so hopefully this will get fixed simultaneously. 

Unfortunately right now in the interim the only fix is to uninstall UR10 or reinstall CRM..

Josh Ash

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 6:54 AM
  • hey mate - there are tickets open on other UR10 bugs so hopefully this will get fixed simultaneously. 

Unfortunately right now in the interim the only fix is to uninstall UR10 or reinstall CRM..

Josh Ash

hey josh ! uninstall UR10 or reinstall the CRM is unfortunately no solution for us.... not because such a small "cosmetic" bug ;) ok then, thanks for your response and i hope they`ll fix it soon or there will be an easy way to fix it by myself.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:14 PM
  • We are experiencing the same issue since installing RU10. We will log a support ticket.

Marie

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:35 PM
  • There is a bug for this logged in the Dynamics CRM Connect site (whether or not Microsoft will look at it is another matter!):

https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/762568/crm-2011-left-justify-currency-symbol-in-money-fields

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:16 AM
  • Go to the Server and change the CSS Property manually from 12% to 1px.
    Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\_forms\controls\controls.css.aspx
    Change this:
    TD.ms-crm-Money-CurrencySymbol
    {
    width: 12%;
    }
    to this:
    {
    width: 1px;
    }
    and Reset IIS to see the changes.

B. Kasami

Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:38 PM
  • Whilst that would fix the problem I would STRONGLY discourage anyone from editing any of the core CRM files.
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 4:05 PM
  • Hi Arpita

Any update on when the issue 'Curency Field shows with Incorrect Indentation' (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm/thread/f3d8cb21-448b-4dc9-9cdc-3d5c91969adc)

Will be fixed? We have seen it is still an issue in the new version of UR10.

Cheers

Josh

Josh Ash

Friday, October 5, 2012 1:00 AM
  • Hi Josh,

Are you using IE 10 ? If yes can you try accessing CRM on IE9 and see if the issue persists?

Arpita

Arpita

Friday, October 5, 2012 2:56 PM
  • Hi Arpita,

this is known issue introduced by UR10, it has been reproduced on IE9 as well as IE8. It has been reported and I believe some people have support case opened. Being a formatting issue, obviously, it did not get enough attention to get fixed in re-release.

Thanks

George

George Doubinski, MVP http://crm.georged.id.au

Friday, October 5, 2012 11:34 PM
  • Hi, yeah we are running IE 9, the issue persists.

Cheers

Josh Ash

Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Also seeing this issue in CRM 2011 Update Rollup 11.
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Microsoft Support has told us the fix will be in Rollup 12

Marie

Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:50 PM
  • I also saw that :(. The fix will probably come with UR12. Strange that it is not a big issue and Microsoft needs so much time to fix it. I think it has to do with Browser Compatibility and IE10. You can fix it yourself by changing the css style, as I explained earlier.

B. Kasami

Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:58 PM
  • Hi all,

I have the same issue after installed RU 10 and 11 on CRM 2011. And I follow the guide of Frenkie Smart and I have fixed the issue.

Here is the guide of Frenkie:

Go to the Server and change the CSS Property manually
    from 12% to 1px.
    Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\_forms\controls\controls.css.aspx
    Change this:
    {
    width: 12%;
    }
    to this:
    {
    width: 1px;
    }
    and Reset IIS to see the changes.

Thanks Frenkie smart!

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:50 AM
  • I opened a case with MS a few month back and they confirmed its a bug and they will be fixing it in a future release. They said the fix will be low priority since it is only a visual issue. 
    Monday, January 28, 2013 2:26 PM
  • Hi guys,

Do you know if this error was fixed in the UR 12? I was checking the UR 12 KB, but I could not find any information about this error.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Hernando.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:42 PM
  • This worked. Thank you! That was relatively painless.

Now there is a sliver of a space to the right of the dollar sign where a user could click and not be able to give the field a value. I'm hoping to find a way to fix that as well, but the above fix narrows that gap quite a bit. I tried 0px, but that actually made it worse.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:32 PM