OCS and HP Teaming for NICs RRS feed

• Question

• Someone told me that it is I should not use teaming with HP Network Configuration Utility on OCS server.  He told me that I have to use only one NIC on the server.

Does anyone know anything about this?  Can I use teaming or should I disable it?

Thank you.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:05 PM

All replies

• I have done a couple OCS deployments with NIC teaming enabled and I have not heard of any issues.

Mark
    Monday, February 23, 2009 2:05 AM
  • I agree. I have deployed OCS 2007 R1 with HP teamed NICs and have had no issues.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 2:47 PM
  • Thank you.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Hello,

in fact, It is recommended to use teaming if you are having more than two NIC, i have used HP teaming many times without any issue.

Please go ahead.
    HCL OCS Team
    Monday, February 23, 2009 6:55 PM
  • Currently NIC teaming is not supported and not tested. We might see some Audio/Video Latency issues if you have teaming enabled. I dont have any public Document though.
    Jithendranath Reddy
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:54 PM
  • For those that have NIC teaming enabled what is the configuration that was used?

We are using HP nic teaming configuration software.
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Monday, May 25, 2009 5:32 PM
  • We read the same thing.  We had teaming enabled on our servers, but found some articles that it affected latency, so we turned off the teaming.  So far, we don't see any difference.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:59 PM