Date field range value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I understand that the date custom field cannot accept dates prior than 1984.  I need to create a field to enter the resource birthday date.  What do you suggest?  I thought about using a text field but I don't know what would be the function so that people are restricted to specific date format.  Any ideas?

Thank you

Pat

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:33 PM

Answers

• Yes,  you would have to do this with code and hook it up to the EVENTS.  No GUI for this type of logic.  You can finding coding examples in MSDN and CodePlex.

Or train people to be carefull.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:40 AM

All replies

• All date fields cannotbe before 1984, both custom and standard project fields.  There is no INPUT validation or formatting for custom fields.   You could use specify a date format for people to use and then use EVENTS to send a messagebox when a person violates.

Cheers

www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Proposed as answer by Ray Chapa Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:15 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:09 PM
  • When you says "specify a date format for people to use and then use EVENTS to send a messagebox ", do you mean programmaticaly?  Is there a way to set it up using the GUI?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:01 PM
  • Yes,  you would have to do this with code and hook it up to the EVENTS.  No GUI for this type of logic.  You can finding coding examples in MSDN and CodePlex.

Or train people to be carefull.

Cheers!

www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:40 AM