locked
I Big Thank you To Microsoft RRS feed

  • General discussion

  •  

    thank you so much for resolving this issue so quickly

     

    My Windows Vista Ultimate is now validated and working properly.

     

    thank you for your such swift work to get this issue resolved, especailly on a weekend!

     

    You guys i know have worked tirelessly on getting everyoine happy thank you so much, Being in the IT field myself i understand how sometimes you job goes "unoticed" and how you don't get the appreciation you deserve

     

    I just want to give you Guys and Gals a Big Thank You!

     

    and to say, don't mind the naysayers, nothing is ever perfect, but you guys try your hardest to deliver a perfect product, and yours is as close to perfect as anyone will ever find. Again i commend you, Great Job and Thank You

     

    Sincerly

     

    Ron

    Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:53 AM

All replies

  • Ron,

     

    I understand your joy at having your machine whole again.

     

    Just keep in mind, however, that many have not been able to get back to pre-Unvalidation state since this has happened - even with the Validation fix that has been posted here in a number of forums.

     

    For instance, in my case, my Vista has validated once more. Aero is running again, etc. However, I now receive an error when trying to Windows Update (automated or otherwise): "Windows could not search for new updates", error Code 800B0100. This was not a problem before the unvalidation, so it is either:

     

    1) A result of the unvalidation incident

    2) A result of the many false leads provided by good-meaning folks here to help out that MAY have caused this

    3) A side-effect of the validation fix that restored Vista to "good health"

     

    That is my PARTICULAR case. This means that I may have to work with Microsoft sloth support for a good long time to sort through this (I refuse to pay money for telephone support for a problem utterly introduced by a Microsoft blunder). Hopefully, there will be some solution found short of reinstalling Vista. We will see ...

     

    My point is that there is plenty of evidence here of Vista users who are NOT out of the woods yet. There are many who STILL cannot validate using the "fix". There are many who have new problems introduced through trying to get their systems back to health (as in my case).

     

    Please be charitable to those folks (at least in equal measure as you grant Microsoft for coming up with the "fix" so quickly ;-)

     

    I don't have a blog. I don't hate Microsoft. I want my machine to work as it did before this whole mess. I am not there, yet. I certainly do not want Microsoft to believe that they have fixed this problem already. Parochially, I don't want them to believe that until I am fully functional, again. More generally, the "fix" will not be accomplished until all customers who fell afoul of the WGA on Friday and Saturday, have returned to the state that they were in on Thursday.

     

     

    Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:52 PM
  •  pianomangs wrote:

    I don't have a blog. I don't hate Microsoft. I want my machine to work as it did before this whole mess. I am not there, yet. I certainly do not want Microsoft to believe that they have fixed this problem already. Parochially, I don't want them to believe that until I am fully functional, again. More generally, the "fix" will not be accomplished until all customers who fell afoul of the WGA on Friday and Saturday, have returned to the state that they were in on Thursday.

    I couldn't agree more. Seems fixed here now (not sure yet, didn't reboot). But they just -had- to fix it quickly. I don't see such behaviour as an extra service. Every hour the repair needs it's just making all Vista users more angry.

     

    And when there's a MS employee that says 'well... try again on Tuesday' that just doesn't make sense if there's a problem like this rendering systems useless (or close to useless). So I hope MS learned from the fact that such a comments makes people really agree, not good for MS as a brand, and for the health of the users Smile

    Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:02 PM
  • Soooo you deleted my post without any explination..... Nice Forum Moderation. I guess il just post it again.

     

    There is no reason to thank them. The situation is THEY added a check into there software that benefits them by discouraging people from bootlegging windows. WE the people that actually paid for the software get absolutely no benefit from this. So we suffered for something that is absolutely unnessecary.

     

    If your going to delete this again atleast give me a reason. Even if it is that you don't like me educating the masses.

     

    Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:54 PM
  •  pianomangs wrote:

    Ron,

     

    For instance, in my case, my Vista has validated once more. Aero is running again, etc. However, I now receive an error when trying to Windows Update (automated or otherwise): "Windows could not search for new updates", error Code 800B0100. This was not a problem before the unvalidation, so it is either:

     

    1) A result of the unvalidation incident

    2) A result of the many false leads provided by good-meaning folks here to help out that MAY have caused this

    3) A side-effect of the validation fix that restored Vista to "good health"

     


     



    I'll thank Microsoft when they fix the problem you list here, and not a second before. Its kinda rediculous that I have a good, validated version of Windows Vista, but I cant update it cause of some wierd bug in the works. I like knowing my system is up to date and seriously irritates me that I cant update right now cause of the same error .. 800B0100. I did find you can use system restore to fix it by rolling back to your first point .. but it will eventually come back (and that then requires me to spend hours patching and updating software). I am sure reinstalling would do the same ..but same problem. This is a fundamental flaw somewhere in Vista and they need to seriously look at. Its popped up for alot of people and its really annoying.
    Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:39 PM
  •  Woody79_00 wrote:

     

    thank you so much for resolving this issue so quickly

     

    My Windows Vista Ultimate is now validated and working properly.

     

    thank you for your such swift work to get this issue resolved, especailly on a weekend!

     



    Thank you for resolving this issue quickly. But I'm a little upset, I'm hoping that in the future WGA issues can take down some of my servers instead of just my workstations.  It's not fair just to target workstations, so, in the future, please take down my Exchange, SQL and Windows 2003 servers when falsely calling me a pirate.

    I'm also hoping you can figure out some way to deliberately delete all my files while you're at it.

    Thanks.

    Joe

    Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:50 PM
  •  Oh noes wrote:

    Soooo you deleted my post without any explination..... Nice Forum Moderation. I guess il just post it again.

     

    There is no reason to thank them. The situation is THEY added a check into there software that benefits them by discouraging people from bootlegging windows. WE the people that actually paid for the software get absolutely no benefit from this. So we suffered for something that is absolutely unnessecary.

     

    If your going to delete this again atleast give me a reason. Even if it is that you don't like me educating the masses.

     

     

    You may wish to know that once the problem with the WGA servers became known to Microsoft, the WGA Team immediately focused on the problem, diagnosed the problem, then fixed the problem.  This happened in less than 24 hours.  What more could one expect?  Not too long ago, I lost my entire cable service and it took the cable company 6 days to find the problem.....my neighbor's fence installer unintentionally sliced through the underground cable.  Think I was peeved....you're darn right!

    Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:24 PM
    Moderator
  • If you'll pardon me for drifting off-topic...  Six days just to find the problem?  If that were to happen to me, I would've phoned them on day two of the outage and told them I switched to something else, be it satellite, DSL, or what-have-you.  After doing just that, of course.  I don't care how long it takes to fix a problem like that, but merely finding the cause as a broken cable (cut or otherwise) should not have taken more than one day, let alone six.

    Back on topic, I'm waiting patiently for the explanation of the WGA outage, what went wrong and why, as promised by Mr. Liu.  I'm not realistically expecting news before Monday evening PDT, but I'm waiting patiently all the same.
    Monday, August 27, 2007 5:14 AM
  • I called the cable company on Day 1 of the outage.  It took three days to get someone to come out and three days for them to send out a crew to replace the buried cable.

     

    Monday, August 27, 2007 5:20 AM
    Moderator
  • Yes, but you are confusing a service you want (cable) with one you don't need (WGA). It doesn't matter how long it takes to fix the WGA problem, it's an unnecessary service that the customers do not need or want.

    Monday, August 27, 2007 1:46 PM
  •  

    I think it's ironic that a thread which does not offer technical assistance, but is titled "...Big Thank you to Microsoft" doesn't get locked, but any other threads that criticize WGA end up getting locked and its posters are asked to move to the "Comments" section. Just an observation.

     

    Anyways, I agree with Joe Bob. It's an unnecessary service which clearly affects paying customers, and I fail to see why anyone would thank them for remedying a problem which should never have happened in the first place.

     

    The worst possible WGA scenario happened this weekend and I was prepared to live with it before Friday.

    Monday, August 27, 2007 4:29 PM
  •  Joe Bob the Paperboy wrote:
    Yes, but you are confusing a service you want (cable) with one you don't need (WGA). It doesn't matter how long it takes to fix the WGA problem, it's an unnecessary service that the customers do not need or want.

     

    I imagine that if you lost a credit card, and wasn't aware it was lost, that the finder should go ahead and use it to his hearts content because store clerks no longer ask for an ID (validation).

    Monday, August 27, 2007 5:05 PM
    Moderator
  •  Turge wrote:

     

    I think it's ironic that a thread which does not offer technical assistance, but is titled "...Big Thank you to Microsoft" doesn't get locked, but any other threads that criticize WGA end up getting locked and its posters are asked to move to the "Comments" section. Just an observation.

     

    Anyways, I agree with Joe Bob. It's an unnecessary service which clearly affects paying customers, and I fail to see why anyone would thank them for remedying a problem which should never have happened in the first place.

     

    The worst possible WGA scenario happened this weekend and I was prepared to live with it before Friday.

     

    Turge:

     

    Due to the requirements for sleep, I had overlooked this thread.

     

    I'm moving it to the feedback/comments section.

     

    All feedback and comments are appreciated in the feedback/comments section.

     

    -phil

    Monday, August 27, 2007 6:41 PM