How to use the Answer file tool when installing from cd?Suggestions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have had few problems with whs2011 and this my third reinstall.Lets move on.

I would like to increase the drive capacity at set up time.

I have a CD with whs 2011 installed . I know there is a an answer tool to increase the capacity.

How do  you use it ?

Do you use it after the installation or before? How do you use it with a cd?

thanks

Thanks for your help

Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:18 AM

Answers

• The contents and use of the answer file are described in the online help for Windows Home Server. There is one detail missing from that information: when you attempt to install using an answer file, an additional configuration parameter is added to the file which will block future installations from the same file. If you want to re-install you will need to remove it...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by devBrix Sunday, May 20, 2012 1:31 PM
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:40 PM

All replies

• The contents and use of the answer file are described in the online help for Windows Home Server. There is one detail missing from that information: when you attempt to install using an answer file, an additional configuration parameter is added to the file which will block future installations from the same file. If you want to re-install you will need to remove it...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by devBrix Sunday, May 20, 2012 1:31 PM
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:40 PM
  • Thanks.

I hope it's third lucky with me.

Thanks for your help

Sunday, May 20, 2012 1:31 PM