none
Playing videos in IE7

Question

• Hi! The option "play videos in web pages" is not available in the Multimedia section (Start|Control Panel|Security Center|Internet Options|Advanced, and then scroll down to Multimedia) of IE7 Beta 3 like it was in IE6. Where is the option to play embedded videos in IE7? I basically had no problems playing them in IE6 but now when I hit a tab or button on a website to play a video clip all I get is a white screen with a little red X in the upper left-hand corner! There are no error messages. The problem is not with the IP or the site(s). I did a hardware diagnosis and all is okay. Some of my computer specs: Dell Dimension DE051 with WinXP Home SP2; IE7 Beta 3; WinDef Beta 2; AntiVir Personal Ed Classic 7; 71.4 GB hard drive (64.5 free); Intel Celeron D 2.53 GHz; Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS version 1.10 A01; 256 MB ram; Intel 82865G graphics controller; ADSL connection, direct access, no proxy. Hope you can help me soon before the 20 minute highlights of each game of the Stanley Cup finals are removed from a sports website!! Thanks a bunch!
    Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:50 AM

All replies