Creating a Watch account type in Sunset fails. RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to create a new account of type Watch in Sunset money. Money tells me it cannot create an online account until Money is activated. I.e., it would not let me create a watch account. I had to create a regular investment account.

I guess if one is going to use that feature one should create the dummy account before end of activation of the regular account? I think I will start a new thread for this issue.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:19 PM

Answers

• AccountList->AddANewAccount->Investment->Watch does what you described. However you can accomplish creating the watch account anyway. Do AccountList->AddANewAccount->Investment->Investment and continue as if it were a real account at this point. Then from the AccountList, right-click that account and choose SeeAccountSettings. Then tick the WatchAccount box. Done.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:39 PM

All replies

• I haven't tested it but in some sense it isn't surprising. Since it won't download quotes, what would a Watch Account do?

Sunday, July 18, 2010 6:45 PM
  • I have PocketSense configured to download the quotes. I import them into a dummy investment account and the indices in my Watch account that already existed are updated.  I was trying to make the dummy account a watch type.

The quotes for my holdings are updated when I download the transactions and values from Fidelity.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 9:53 PM
  • AccountList->AddANewAccount->Investment->Watch does what you described. However you can accomplish creating the watch account anyway. Do AccountList->AddANewAccount->Investment->Investment and continue as if it were a real account at this point. Then from the AccountList, right-click that account and choose SeeAccountSettings. Then tick the WatchAccount box. Done.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:39 PM