create new quote product RRS feed

• Question

• I added a custom entity with a master relationship to quote product.  The list view of the products does not include an add new button.  Is there a setting that will allow it or do I have to create my own?
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:46 PM

Answers

• mardukes,

There are some entities where that new button will not appear when viewing a related grid from anywhere other than the main parent entity (in this case: quote). I have tried this out and verified that this does appear to be the case in this instance. Quote and Order product's are native entities that have some of these types of special caveats. In order to get the desired functionality, I believe you'd have to create your own custom child entity to replace the native quote product.

• Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:17 PM
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi mardukes,

Try this if it is a custom entity u create by ur own.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:52 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Click on the entity assosiated view from Master Entity and then the New button will appear and also make sure that you have security privileges to create new record of the entity.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:56 AM
  • mardukes,

There are some entities where that new button will not appear when viewing a related grid from anywhere other than the main parent entity (in this case: quote). I have tried this out and verified that this does appear to be the case in this instance. Quote and Order product's are native entities that have some of these types of special caveats. In order to get the desired functionality, I believe you'd have to create your own custom child entity to replace the native quote product.

• Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:17 PM
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:54 PM