Advanced Find case by owner Team RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We use CRM in a support ticketing fashion and would like to write an advanced find to locate all current cases that are open and owned by a member of our service centre team however it appears that we cannot report on Teams directly.

Unfortunatley we cannot just report on active cases as other areas of the business also use cases. Additionally one manager may manage more than one department so reporting on Case > Owner Manager doesn't work in our situation.

So my question is, is there any easy way of finding an "active" case by the owners team? If there is nothing built in does anyone know of any accellerators or similar that may provide this for us?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy, teams are really just used for creating exceptions to the standard security model via sharing. They are not designed to enable reports or queries to consolidate data.

In the standard CRM data model a user can be a member of zero or more teams (a one user to many teams relationship). So there is no such thing as a "user's team" unless you create a new attribute, relationship or entity for indicating which team a user belongs too. An attribute is usually the easiest way to do it.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Andy_UK_10 Monday, May 10, 2010 12:31 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy, teams are really just used for creating exceptions to the standard security model via sharing. They are not designed to enable reports or queries to consolidate data.

In the standard CRM data model a user can be a member of zero or more teams (a one user to many teams relationship). So there is no such thing as a "user's team" unless you create a new attribute, relationship or entity for indicating which team a user belongs too. An attribute is usually the easiest way to do it.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Andy_UK_10 Monday, May 10, 2010 12:31 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 12:28 PM
  • Thanks Neil. I was hoping I could avoid creating new attributes or relationships where possible but if needs must!
    Glad that I'm not just missing something particularly simple though and your reply is very much apprecaited.

Regards,

Andy
    Monday, May 10, 2010 12:31 PM