Paying for genuine XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• My friend (who is not very IT literate) has found out that he has a pirate XP pro installed and wants to take up the offer of paying for a "real" copy. How does he go about it because he is worried that it may mean a complete re-install.
    Friday, January 12, 2007 11:13 AM

Answers

• In order to resolve your friend's non-genuine licensing issue, please have your friend visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, click on the Get Genuine button which will provide information on how to acquire a WGA Kit.
    Friday, January 12, 2007 3:46 PM

All replies

• In order to resolve your friend's non-genuine licensing issue, please have your friend visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, click on the Get Genuine button which will provide information on how to acquire a WGA Kit.
    Friday, January 12, 2007 3:46 PM
  • Thanks......He's driving me crazy!!!!...Had French XP uninstalled, then had Engish XP pro installed six months ago by someone "in the know".....I new with the price he got charged that the copy wasn't genuine..but...would he listen...no...so the obvious has happened....
    Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:16 AM