none
How to Interface one program to another functionality quation RRS feed

• Question

• Here is a basic question.

I am learning C++ and visual basics. I am an Arduino enthusiast. THis last is a small factor prototyping kits that allow to create logic to electromechanical systems.

One area that I am most interested is how to develop drivers.  In my specific application,  I want to create a code that automates a process. This process use 3  S-Video cameras connected to the computer through a frame grabber.  Under my particular scenario, tHe frame grabber  device converts the video S-signal into a medium that may be capture by the computer via USB.  I am able to capture the video through the vendor software (a Pinnacle Studio).  THe software allows me to pick the image and store it on my computer.

I want to create a software that will process these images. But I want to create a functionality where the software be ablt to control the frame grabber software.  I want the software to open the software , instruct when to activate the camera and then download the video to a specific location (hard drive or a specific register on the memory).  I was hopping to create a code in C++ allowing me to do all this.

I am not sure which route to go. I have read something about .NET applies to develop drivers.  But not sure if this is what I need .

Please, may anyone here provide me some light as to what direction I should be looking at?

Thanks.

• Moved by litdev Thursday, July 9, 2015 8:59 PM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 8:30 PM

Answers

All replies