Is it validated or not?! RRS feed

• Question

• OK, Two weeks ago I was having some problems playing games ( Steam to be exact ) and a few other problems, so i decided to reinstall vista. I had done this once before and activated by phone fine
    . When it comes time to type in the activation code I cant find the box, but i have the disk in front of me. I call the number it gives for help on there and I end up buying a new CD key from them. I test it out
     and it gives me a 0xc004E003 Error. I called back, everything in the code is right. Ive activated online and i get the confirmation email, Ive done it with the genuine thing at, http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/.
    Everything I do says its activated and I'm good to go, but when i go to the system information it still says 20 day(s) to activate. Activate windows now. Rather then Genuine Software like before.
    I used the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool and get this:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0062.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-XJRFJ-XYF2Q-YP8MF
    Windows Product Key Hash: W4+jyLX+PSFyMj7Lt4IEwV6mrms=
    Windows Product ID: 89576-OEM-7332141-00280
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.006
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {54E420FF-E5A2-40F4-96EC-ABBAD8ACA192}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Business
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    Grace Flag: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    Commit: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    Reboot Flag: 0x0
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    Wgaer.exe Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Wgaer.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2968-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{54E420FF-E5A2-40F4-96EC-ABBAD8ACA192}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0062.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.006</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YP8MF</PKey><PID>89576-OEM-7332141-00280</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-14322198-4145948869-2126006326</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>NVIDIA</Manufacturer><Model>122-CK-NF68</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070309000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>D8323507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

So I'm pretty sure its activated, but not showing up in the system information area for what ever reason. Ive tried reformatting  two more times, same outcomes. I just don't want the 30 days to be up and me out of luck, how can I make sure its really validated and nothing will happen at the end of the period?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:45 AM

Answers

•  

Hello Mr.Hagak,

I'm not sure if I understand your issue. There apears to be a disconnect between what you are telling me and what I see in your Diagnostic Report.

1) a. You say in your post  "I end up buying a new CD key from them" 

b. Your Diagnostic Report says "Windows License Type: OEM SLP"

c. Your Diagnostic Report also shows that the motherboard, in your computer, is an nForce 680i SLI 775 made by EVGA.

OEM SLP is the Product key that comes (pre-installed) in computers sold by Large Computer Manufactures (such as Dell, HP and so on). OEM SLP keys do not require activation, but are tied to the Motherboard of the computer they are pre-installed on. OEM SLP are Not sold by any retailer since they can not be activated with normal computers.  If a Computer (that was built by a Large Computer Manufactures and came with Vista Pre-installed) has had it's Motherboard replaced (by anyone other then the original Computer Manufacturer) the OEM SLP key will no longer work.  Or if an OEM SLP key is used to install Vista in a computer that did not come pre-installed with that key. The key will not work.

My questions are:

Who did you buy the new CD key (i.e. Product key) from?

Is that Product key currently installed in the computer that this Diagnostic Report came from? 

Who Manufactured this computer?

Did you change out the motherboard resently?

Also, would you re-explain (in more detail) the sequence of events that lead up to this issue?

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, November 9, 2007 8:13 PM

All replies

• Help?
    Sunday, November 4, 2007 2:32 PM
  •  

Hello Mr.Hagak,

I'm not sure if I understand your issue. There apears to be a disconnect between what you are telling me and what I see in your Diagnostic Report.

1) a. You say in your post  "I end up buying a new CD key from them" 

b. Your Diagnostic Report says "Windows License Type: OEM SLP"

c. Your Diagnostic Report also shows that the motherboard, in your computer, is an nForce 680i SLI 775 made by EVGA.

OEM SLP is the Product key that comes (pre-installed) in computers sold by Large Computer Manufactures (such as Dell, HP and so on). OEM SLP keys do not require activation, but are tied to the Motherboard of the computer they are pre-installed on. OEM SLP are Not sold by any retailer since they can not be activated with normal computers.  If a Computer (that was built by a Large Computer Manufactures and came with Vista Pre-installed) has had it's Motherboard replaced (by anyone other then the original Computer Manufacturer) the OEM SLP key will no longer work.  Or if an OEM SLP key is used to install Vista in a computer that did not come pre-installed with that key. The key will not work.

My questions are:

Who did you buy the new CD key (i.e. Product key) from?

Is that Product key currently installed in the computer that this Diagnostic Report came from? 

Who Manufactured this computer?

Did you change out the motherboard resently?

Also, would you re-explain (in more detail) the sequence of events that lead up to this issue?

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, November 9, 2007 8:13 PM