Whs connectivity problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just recently built the Windows Home server and currently I am trying to get the connector software working on the other computers in my network however I am either getting an error

"Windows connector software cannot connect to the WHS right now. Please try again. If this problem continues seek advice"

or there is a significant time difference between the two computers. This can affect security operations. Please ensure the times are the same.

I have changed the times so that the both match but still get one or other of these errors everytime i try to get the connector software working on other computers.

i am able to connect to the WHS manually. but cannot get it to work witht he software.

any ideas

thanks
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:14 AM

Answers

• Ad you checked the time, did you verify also, that the time zones match?
    At least on a German server I see the behavior, that the time zone is pointing to Redmond time after setup instead of local time.
    Makes 9 hours difference, even if the clock is looking the same.
    You may also check the event log of your server.

I had a similar behavior during installation of connector software after PP1 upgrade on server side. In that case some of the WHS relevant ports have not longer had exceptions in the servers firewall: 55000, 56000 and maybe 8192.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:04 PM