login and password incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm having trouble signing in to my microsoft money account.

I know my e-mail address and password is correct because I can login to my e-mail.

However, when I go to login through microsoft money, it tells me the e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again.

I am currently running Microsoft Money Plus. I have also installed the sunset edition.

Any suggestions?

Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:43 PM

All replies

• Sorry, I should also mention that I saw the forums on removing my windows live ID but I can't login to go into tools-->settings or File-->Password Manager in order to remove this as I can't login....

Help please?

Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:51 PM
  • Is there a chance the file password was regular rather than a Windows Live password?  Try that option.
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Sorry, I should also mention that I saw the forums on removing my windows live ID but I can't login to go into tools-->settings or File-->Password Manager in order to remove this as I can't login....

Help please?

Disconnect from the Internet. Start Money. Log in offline. Go to
    File->PasswordManager  and remove your LiveID

If this is unsuccessful, Try restoring your newest or second-newest backup (*.mbf) file while disconnected from the Internet.

This assumes you are running Money 2005 or newer.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:20 PM
  • it worked! Great!

Thanks. 

So I should be able to use this program as standalone from here on out correct?

Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:25 PM
  • it worked! Great!

Thanks. 

So I should be able to use this program as standalone from here on out correct?

That depends on what "this program" is. If you mean Money Plus Sunset, yes. If you mean  Money 2006, probably yes. If you are using Money 2005, special action must be taken this month. I would keep a copy of the install file for  Money Plus Sunset in case you have trouble reinstalling in the future.

I am very glad to hear that Money is working for you and that you got your LiveID removed successfully.

Monday, January 3, 2011 3:00 AM