Inadvertently removed add-in outside WHS console RRS feed

• Question

• I was looking to add FTP service from the “add/remove programs” and without thinking I uninstalled an add-in from add/remove programs in an attempt to troubleshoot the add-in. (Noticed by the way the FTP service is not available).

Now unable to re-install (or remove) add-in from WHS console – can anyone identify registry setting I need to reset to enable a re-install of the add-in.

Thanks for the help,

K.C. Broyles

Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:57 AM

Answers

• If you log onto the server and run the add-in installer manually it should fix things up.

Unless the add-in is doing weird stuff Smile
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:47 AM

All replies

• If you log onto the server and run the add-in installer manually it should fix things up.

Unless the add-in is doing weird stuff Smile
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:47 AM
  • WHS reparied itself when installed add-in from "add/remove programs"...

thanks--- add-in working now after reinstall

Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:50 AM
  • When you say FTP service do you mean setting WHS up to be an FTP server?  If so, were you able to do that?  I'm interested in accessing my WHS via FTP.  Can this be done?

Thanks, Dylan
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 6:18 AM
  • I noticed that, as well as "media streaming" when I went to the Add/Remove programs under control panel with remote desktop and clicked the Add/Remove windows components.  I'm reluctant to play with that with my Mediasmart

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 5:37 PM
  • If you want to run an FTP server then I'd recommend Serv-U. It's a better option than the default IIS one, and it can also be administered remotely.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:44 PM