External Live Meeting OCS R2 not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I try to connect to a Live Meeting session from an external network, it will get the next message:

Live Meeting cannot connect to the meeting.
    Wait a few moments, and then try to join the meeting again.
    If you syill cannot connect, contact your administrator or technical support.

I am able to setup a Live Meeting from my internal Network.

I have deployed a Edge Server with ISA reverse proxy. The connection test from within the LM cliënt runs without any problem if I give the <external FQDN>:443

Can someone please help me

Kind Regards
    Ivo Frenken
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:40 PM

All replies

• A few things you might want to check:

1. Are you able to connect to port 443 on the Web Conferencing IP address from the internet?
    2. Does the validation wizard show any Web Conferencing errors on the Edge server?
    3. This may sound like a silly question, but are the time and date correct on your Edge server?  I ran into a problem with Live Meeting on an Edge server in the past that was caused by the date being 1 day ahead.
    -- Ryan
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:20 PM
  • Hi Ryan,

- I can telenet on port 443 from the Web Conferencing IP address from teh internet.
    - The validation wizard shows me the message below. But the strange thing is that I have a _sipfederations._tcp.kembit.nl DNS record. But perhaps the server cant resolve this because it's on a public dns server. Internaly I don't have this record, do I need it for the local domain?

DNS Resolution failure: No DNS SRV records corresponding to _sipfederationtls._tcp.kembit.nl were found for this domain
    Suggested Resolution: Verify that the domain name is correct and that the DNS SRV record _sipfederationtls._tcp.kembit.nl exists for this domain.
      Warning
    [0x43FC200C] Not all checks were successful
      DNS Resolution failure: No DNS SRV records corresponding to _sipfederationtls._tcp.kembit.local were found for this domain
    Suggested Resolution: Verify that the domain name is correct and that the DNS SRV record _sipfederationtls._tcp.kembit.local exists for this domain.
      Warning
    [0x43FC200C] Not all checks were successful

- The Time and date ar correct on the Edge server.

I hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,
    Ivo Frenken.
    Monday, April 20, 2009 7:06 AM
  • As long as the DNS entry for Federation is available on the internet, the Edge server doesnt need to be able to resolve it.

The next thing I would check is the connectivity from the internal OCS server (Enterprise Pool or Standard Edition server) to the Edge server.  Can you telnet from the internal OCS server to port 8057 on the internal IP address of the Edge server?  Here is the firewall guidence on Technet.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441361(office.13).aspx

I am referencing the first firewall rule under the Web Conferencing Edge Service section.
    -- Ryan
    Monday, April 20, 2009 1:59 PM
  • The DNS entry is available on the internet, is it possible to check this with a tool? Don't I need the DNS entry for my local domain.

If I do this telnet I get the following strange caracters in my command promt. I don't know if this is good.

▬♥☺a☺]♥☺Iφmì<╠aö╔⌐↨╕rP╨ch↨IëΓÑ⌠ΓⁿÑ╢>CL e$       ┼τu╘ⁿ╖∙~ƒtα»▀Nφ9£ìÿ↨∟≈┼▬♦

db♥♠↕c☺

Kind regards,
    Ivo

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:02 AM
  • The garbage text you pasted above shows that the port is indeed open.

The certificate you have assigned to the Live Meeting IP, was it purchased or did you issue it from an internal CA?  Have you tried to access Live Meeting from more than one client?  From more than one location?
    -- Ryan
    • Marked as answer by Ivo Frenken Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ivo Frenken Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:32 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:21 PM
  • I have tested it on a difrent location and device and ik worked. It now also works on my default location and device. The problem was a firewall that was not working welll. I discoverd this today when I was at our IT department.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards Ivo Frenken
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:35 AM