Failed validation on software that was never loaded RRS feed

• Question

• New PC, new CD install of Office 2007 for Small Business, and 60 day trial downloads of Visio 2007 and Project 2007. In attempting to download a Word template from Office Central I was prompted to validate my version of Word, which came back as failed and therefore doesn't allow me to take advantage of Office Central. When I checked the details of the detailed validation, Office for Small Business, Visio, and Project all passed, however, there was a failure on Office 2007 for Home or Students which I never bought or loaded. How do I get MS to accept the established validation of my version of Office 2007 for Small Business and allow me to take advantage of all of the MS resources that I am entitled to?

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:47 PM

Answers

• You would need to uninstall all trial Microsoft Office programs and then you should be deemed genuine.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:50 PM
  • But I had already validated my version of Office 2007 for Small Business when I originally installed it last week, and used the applications, before I downloaded the trials for Visio 07 and Project 07 (which were validated upon download).

Why would a failure for Office for Students even come up when I try to use Word, specifically if I don't even have that version of Office loaded? How will uninstalling Visio and Project clear up the Office suite failure? It just seems strange that my version of Office can be listed as "passed", yet at the same time have a "fail" on a version that i don't have..

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:01 PM
  • Trial versions of Microsoft Office do not have licenses.  Therefore, your Microsoft products may be flagged as non-genuine.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:07 PM
  • OK...Thanks, I'll try that...

MB

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:14 PM
  • MAB,

Carey is correct please uninstall your trial version.  Thank you,

STephen HOlm, MS

Monday, August 20, 2007 8:22 PM
  • That was the answer, however it wasn't the trial version of Visio or Project. When I went to uninstall them I noticed that Office 2007 for Home or Student appeared to have been installed 3 months before I purchased the laptop. Anyway, I uninstalled that program and everthing now works as it should.

Thanks a lot Carey for the quick and accurate response. This was a great experience for a forum newbie and I really appreciate the help. Thanks again.

Monday, August 20, 2007 10:18 PM

All replies

• You would need to uninstall all trial Microsoft Office programs and then you should be deemed genuine.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:50 PM
  • But I had already validated my version of Office 2007 for Small Business when I originally installed it last week, and used the applications, before I downloaded the trials for Visio 07 and Project 07 (which were validated upon download).

Why would a failure for Office for Students even come up when I try to use Word, specifically if I don't even have that version of Office loaded? How will uninstalling Visio and Project clear up the Office suite failure? It just seems strange that my version of Office can be listed as "passed", yet at the same time have a "fail" on a version that i don't have..

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:01 PM
  • Trial versions of Microsoft Office do not have licenses.  Therefore, your Microsoft products may be flagged as non-genuine.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:07 PM
  • OK...Thanks, I'll try that...

MB

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:14 PM
  • MAB,

Carey is correct please uninstall your trial version.  Thank you,

STephen HOlm, MS

Monday, August 20, 2007 8:22 PM
  • That was the answer, however it wasn't the trial version of Visio or Project. When I went to uninstall them I noticed that Office 2007 for Home or Student appeared to have been installed 3 months before I purchased the laptop. Anyway, I uninstalled that program and everthing now works as it should.

Thanks a lot Carey for the quick and accurate response. This was a great experience for a forum newbie and I really appreciate the help. Thanks again.

Monday, August 20, 2007 10:18 PM