Live Mesh interfering with printing RRS feed

• General discussion

• I installed Live Mesh on a couple of XP SP2 machines and set up a couple of shared directories.Everything seemed to be more or less working (except the status of each machine had a bit of a tendency to flip randomly from on-line to off-line).

About a day later I realised that printing was excruciatingly slow from my main machine. Opening the print dialog in Word 2007 was a bit slow, but changing the selected printer would take a minute. When I got to sending the print job it would take a minute or two to spool a couple of page job, and then sit at "spooling" for several minutes more before passing on to the printer. I'm printing PCL direct to a printer, without any intermediate print-server.

Wondering if it was Live Mesh causing the problem I uninstalled, and instantly I was back to normal print speeds. Printing the same job had the paper on the output tray in seconds.

Anyone else seeing anything similar?

Martin

Dell Latitude D830, MacAfee VirusScan Enterprise, CyberArmor firewall.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:39 AM

All replies

• I have not seen anything like that on my desktop that I have Mesh installed on.  All print drivers are current as well?  Does the same thing happen if you reinstall the printer when Mesh is installed?

WinVista 32bit SP1 on custom built machine
    HP C6280 using Ethernet printing, no USB or Parallel cable.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:58 PM