ISV Config Import problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a really strange one here, hope someone can help.

What happens, is that I export the ISV.config from my CRM server, then when I try to import it back in, AFTER NOT MAKING ANY CHANGES, it gives me this error, I tried may things and found that it wasn't even working if i made no changes to the file :

Import has encountered an error and has been canceled. Your system has been restored to its original state. Import has been canceled because the ISV.Config file could not be imported. Check that the file format is valid.

I found this blog : http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2007/03/import-has-encountered-error-and-has.html

But Im not exactly sure what a "Repair would do to my custom entities/javascript etc etc

Any help woupl be appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew

Thursday, October 18, 2007 3:05 AM

Answers

• A 'repair' resets all the CRM files (program files, binaries, web content), and some registry settings (e.g. SMTP settings). It does not modify anything in the CRM databases, and all you customisations will be intact. However, it's always good practice to backup the MSCRM and METABASE databases prior to doing a repair

Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:29 AM

All replies

• A 'repair' resets all the CRM files (program files, binaries, web content), and some registry settings (e.g. SMTP settings). It does not modify anything in the CRM databases, and all you customisations will be intact. However, it's always good practice to backup the MSCRM and METABASE databases prior to doing a repair

Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:29 AM
  • Hello,
    I have same problem as described above. I have run CRM repair, and it did not help. Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:38 AM