Internet Explorer - Firefox - Silverlight - conundrum RRS feed

• General discussion

• So far I really like Live Mesh and I hope the program continues and adds lots of functionality.

One small issue I've ran into is that I cannot seem to find a way to make the local links to the Live Desktop use Internet Explorer so that I can use the silverlight functionality.
    My computer is configured to open Internet Links in Firefox so when I select, for example, the connect to Live Desktop link from the System Tray Icon it always opens up in Firefox, which is not good since Live Mesh will probably always be limited in Firefox.

I would like to be able to tell it which browser to open when I select the links without having to change my default Internet Browser...

Any ideas?
    Monday, January 19, 2009 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no way to tell Live Mesh to use a different browser to your Internet default (Firefox).

Since Silverlight is fully supported on Firefox though, the only portion of the Live Desktop that you cannot access is the drag + drop (which only works one way, desktop -> browser, even in IE) and the Remote Desktop from within the browser (which I don't know why you'd want to do if you have the client installed).

Worst case, if you ever do need one of the above bits of functionality then you just open IE specifically and jump on mesh.com -  you still need login regardless.

If you believe that this is a feature that should be added to Live Mesh then add it to the Suggestions Sticky!

Cheers,

Oren
    Monday, January 19, 2009 12:52 PM