Sql 2005 Client Sync Provider RRS feed

• Question

• This seems to be the MOST requested feature on this forum. Surely if there is a SqlCE Client provider. Giving us a clue as to how to actually develop our own sync providers should not be much trouble right? I mean this IS after all a Microsoft product, I can find help for any other product, CTP,Beta or RTM. So why is it that no one here is prepared to give us just an example.
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:21 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We are listening to your requests by the way and we have a working samples of client provider built on top of Sql Express that we should release with the final bits of sync services as they ship with Visual Studio 2008 later this year.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:56 PM
  • Is there no way to get a copy of this sample ? I am currently using Sql Compact and the database is growing at a steady rate. The database is used in a Point of Sale environment. I will soon need to be able to sync to another instance of Sql 2005 as the sync is used in a global datacentre and Compact just wont cut it within the next few weeks. This would mean creating a new compact database for every month which is a
    maintenance nightmare
    Monday, July 23, 2007 10:46 AM