Failed to save backup settings RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to save the backup settings, OneCare tries to save those settings to the A: drive - which fails, so I cannot configre backup and therefore cannot use it.

Any solution for this one? I just installed the Beta on Vists 64 bit.

-> Denis

Monday, August 27, 2007 11:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Sundar,

I uninstalled OneCare and reinstalled; I was then able to save the backup configuration file  - once - OneCare still tries to access the A: drive:

- When I click "Change settings" on the main screen.

-  When I click "Configure backup..." on the backup tab.

- When I click "Save" in the backup confugration.

-> Denis

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:06 AM

All replies

• That's certainly an intersting twist. I have no idea why it would be trying to save anything to A:. I assume that it spins up the A: drive, and then fails? Can you describe your setup a bit? What are the settings you are trying to configure?

-steve

Monday, August 27, 2007 4:58 PM
  • Hi Steve,

I am running the 2.0 Beta under Windows Vista 64 bit. OneCare accesses the A: drive as soon as I click on "Configure Backup". It will then access it again (and fail) when I try to save the backup options that I changed.

It is a fresh installation of Windows Vista and of OneCare Beta - Onecare is the only application trying to access the A: drive that way.

-> Denis

Monday, August 27, 2007 8:21 PM
  • You should to save the configuration now. we tested and its working fine for us. Accessing drive A is interesting and we are analyzing it. Will you please let us know, what is your backup plan?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:41 PM
  • Hi Sundar,

I uninstalled OneCare and reinstalled; I was then able to save the backup configuration file  - once - OneCare still tries to access the A: drive:

- When I click "Change settings" on the main screen.

-  When I click "Configure backup..." on the backup tab.

- When I click "Save" in the backup confugration.

-> Denis

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:06 AM
  • Thanks for the update. I assume that the update blew away the hub situation and your configuration, so saving a new one is not a problem.

As for the A: drive issue, can you file a bug on Connect? https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168 See the bug submission guide - http://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=3480&SiteID=168 - for details on how to do so. Thanks!

-steve

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:21 AM