Nodalpoint and Parallaxe RRS feed

• Question

• I have bought a panoramic head and tried to setup everything for my camera, but I have the following problem: I turned the pano-head horizontally to create panoramas with different length of the vertikal axis of the pano-head to the turn-point of the pano-head in order to see when the camera is positioned in center of the pano-head. I stitched all possible panorama  with settings getting some where close to the center of the camera lense (all 1mm difference turn-point<->vertikal axis) but every pano showed parallaxe! I tried the same with the other axis of the pano-head and there I could see the differences and found a setting without parallaxe.

How can it be that none of the settings on the vertikal axis worked? I tried to stitch the same ones with PTGUi and there where no errors (of course the blending of PTGUI is not comperable to ICE but the differences in this case were very extreme, from hard breaks to smooth gradient)

Panohead pictogram:  

camera

|()| --

|   ___ horizontal axis

( )___| |

turn-point      vertical axis

• Edited by rj_design Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:28 PM
    Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:18 PM

Answers

• Nevermind problem seems solved. I finally found the NPP or I am that close to it that no parallaxe are visible anymore, just took a while to get it right on both axis.

• Marked as answer by rj_design Friday, April 27, 2012 3:07 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 3:07 PM