MS Money 2005 Re-install RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Money 2005 (US version).  I received a new laptop and used the original install disk to install Money 2005.  I received the 'cannot locate or open the file...' error then after reading the posts, installed MS Money Deluxe Sunset (Version 17.0.120.3817).  My money file now opens without issue - all data is accessible.  My portfolio and all stock prices for each security no longer update.  I read that the Sunset version does not support this.

All I want is to revert back to the previous MS Money version (e.g. that I had literally 3 days ago) that I had prior to upgrading my hardware that enables me access to my account informaiton as well as portfolio/stock updates. 

Any suggestions?

Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:33 AM

All replies

• If you want to run your Money file on the new laptop, you will need to keep Microsoft Money Deluxe Sunset. You cannot install US Money 2005 because installation needs a server that no longer exists.

You may want to consider using PocketSense on the laptop to get quotes and direct statement download from some financial institutions.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:27 PM