shoud i use any other antivirus while windows live care protects my computer... RRS feed

• Question

• ive been using avast antivirus for a long time and it proved to be so helpful.. recentky i updated my pc with windows live care and scanned my pc... it says i should uninstall programs like avast antivirus  for the effective functionoig of windows live care.....  do i really need to do this..please advise....
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:57 AM

Answers

• You should uninstall all other antivirus products when using One Care. Having more than one antivirus product on a PC can cause instability, performance issues, and reduce the ability of the antivirus products to protect your computer.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 1:15 PM

All replies

• You should uninstall all other antivirus products when using One Care. Having more than one antivirus product on a PC can cause instability, performance issues, and reduce the ability of the antivirus products to protect your computer.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 1:15 PM
  • I have Norton 360 on my system and still have one year of subscription.  I purchased one care hoping that it would help me with any problems in my system, I was unaware that it was also a virus protection and firewall.  At this time I am not wanting to use One Care as it would waste my money.  Who can I contact to get a refund?
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:21 PM
  • You can contact customer service/support for a refund.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots_at_mvps.org (replace _at_ with @)  with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareanti-virus/thread/f498f3b5-d577-42b3-9ecf-8c881c861d22 

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

If you don't get an email response from me wthin 24 hours, post back as my email provider is getting more aggressive with the spam filtering.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, October 12, 2009 12:49 AM