How to transfer my OneCare account from one Windows Live ID to another? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying for weeks to do something that should be relatively simple, but because the Microsoft OneCare offshore support is not understanding my question, I'm getting nowhere. 

I have TWO Windows Live IDs (larry@wugnet.com) and (larry@mcjunkin.net).  My OneCare subscription, which I just renewed, is associated with the (larry@wugnet.com) account and I want to move it to my (larry@mcjunkin.net) account because soon the (larry@wugnet.com) address will not work...I am retiring.

I have already tried loging into https://login.live.com and changing my email address, but it says that (larry@mcjunkin.net) is not available.  Well, of course it it's not available because I already have it.  Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I should try killing the (larry@wugnet.com) Windows Live ID, but I'm afraid if I do that it will kill my current OneCare account.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated because help from Windows Live Help itself has not been forthcoming at all. Thanks.

Larry
    Monday, April 14, 2008 12:28 AM

Answers