Has anyone encountered the "security solutions" antivirus software email...? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi everyone first time here.

Just wondering if any1 has encountered the security solutions software email, saying something like " Windows Vista antivirus " "something about a password" free password maybe..

Anyway downloaded the software from the site, was linked with numbers for the address in the address bar instead of words like www....words....com ........whatever.

I paid for a subcription and then my harddrive had the you know what and had to reload everything and everytime i search security solutions through google i get a security soliutions software site come up www.securitysolutionssoftware.com but that is not the site. The software is niether kasperspy or NOD32.

I can't seem to find it, i was wondering if any of you have encountered this software and whether or not they are legit, and where i can download the software from if possible.

Cheers for the help, lota love.

Lee.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, February 8, 2009 2:18 PM
    • Edited by leeeeee Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:44 AM
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hello Lee, I believe you were tricked into installing malware on your computer and your money may be gone unless you can successfully dispute the charge with your credit card provider. There is always danger in responding to e-mail from a person or company you don't know. 
    Jim
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 2:29 PM
  • It updated daily and everything, it did'nt cost much only $12.99 a year or around $30 a year i signed up for three years iam pretty sure i can't remember the exact subscription details. 

I seen windows live onecare but did'nt look into it i think and seen this email and it had a website and i am pretty sure although i may not be exactly right but it seemed fairly legit now i think about it. It said "antivirus better than avg" or something like that. I can't remember how i paid.
    Monday, February 9, 2009 8:33 AM
  •  The only reason it deleted was because my harddrive would'nt reboot, it took a few knocks and had a few bad sectors so when i tried to find the site i could'nt find it?

Cheers any helps is much appreciated? Anybody.

Lee.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:33 PM
  • So is this a jip?
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 3:36 AM