moving Money 2017 Deluxe to new laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping somebody might be able to assist me.  I have "Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe"  

I installed the program onto my new laptop from the disc but when I try to open and restore the latest backup I am getting a message saying "the file was saved with a later version than currently using or version that had online program updates installed.

Is there anyway that I can get the old version off my old computer and install it on the new 1?  Too many years of information that I need to access if at all possible.

Appreciate any help that might be available.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:09 AM

All replies

• It sounds like you installed a newer version of Money on your old computer.  That version would probably be US Money Plus Deluxe Sunset.  You can download an installation file for that version from the second "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

If this works to open your backup file then you should also do the replacement of the mnyob99.dll file as described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Post back if you need help with any of this.

Bill Becker

Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:21 AM
  • thanks for your information.
    • Proposed as answer by jahidul Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:16 AM
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:16 AM
  • I agree with Bill Becker.

At the time that your data file was upgraded (to US Money Plus Deluxe Sunset if Bill Becker is right) a copy of your old data file, compatible with your disc, should have been saved on your old computer. If you can find it, your new laptop with Money 2007 Deluxe should be able to open it ~ assuming you haven't over installed 'Sunset' yet. You'll then need to decide which version of Money you like best.

Teabag

Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:04 PM