none
Electron app, How to Associate App with the Store? RRS feed

• Question

• I am the developer of Label LIVE, an Electron app (works on Windows/Mac) used to design and print labels to USB-connected thermal label printers. It's selling in the Microsoft Store and Mac App Store and all is well.

I want to do some work verifying store receipts so I can better integrate existing users with cloud services, etc.

I've read that I need to "Associate App with the Store" using Visual Studio, however, I have developed the entire app using VSCode. Is there an alternative way to make this association? I'm using electron-builder, and although it uses the Microsoft Build Tools, I'm not sure there's a canonical Visual Studio project file I can open.

Thanks for any help you may have.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Actually this is a third party library and it is out of the scope of UWP forum. 

But there is document on their official forum about windows store Guide. You could refer that document.(I could not attach this third party link according to our policy). 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 10, 2019 3:28 AM
  • I was told to post to that exact forum by Microsoft Support. It doesn't get much more ironic than this. I'm not surprised, this is par for the course. Frustratingly, I don't think the moderator understands the scope of my question. I want to know if there are alternative ways to associate the app to the store during development, such as a standalone utility, or command line option. This is not a question about Electron, per se, but it'd sure be helpful to know if there are any alternative ways to make the association.

• Edited by Semireg Saturday, May 11, 2019 9:25 PM More words
    Saturday, May 11, 2019 9:21 PM
  • I'd suggest try asking for help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/windowsapps/en-us/home?forum=windowsstore

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 11, 2019 9:26 PM
  • Hey!
    Did you solve the issue?
    Friday, June 14, 2019 3:24 AM