Help - Can't open backups RRS feed

• Question

• My backups won't open.  They are getting stuck at various percentages (mostly 3% and 79%).  I need to restore some files immediately.  This is the first time I've ever had to use the restore feature and now it won't work.  Anyone have any clues?  I can't believe I put this entire solution in place and the restore feature doesn't even work.

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1771.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1771.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1771.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1771.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1771.0
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:23 AM

Answers

• My backups won't open.  They are getting stuck at various percentages (mostly 3% and 79%).  I need to restore some files immediately.  This is the first time I've ever had to use the restore feature and now it won't work.  Anyone have any clues?  I can't believe I put this entire solution in place and the restore feature doesn't even work.

Please uninstall the beta version of Power Pack 1 and run Windows Update until you are at Power Pack 2 [6.0.2030.x]

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:42 AM

All replies

Please uninstall the beta version of Power Pack 1 and run Windows Update until you are at Power Pack 2 [6.0.2030.x]

Thank you
    Windows Home Server
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:42 AM
  • Forgive my ignorance but how do I do that?  I have the automatic updates turned on.  Why wouldn't it have already downloaded and installed that?  Where do I find an option to uninstall?
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:48 AM
  • Forgive my ignorance but how do I do that?  I have the automatic updates turned on.  Why wouldn't it have already downloaded and installed that?  Where do I find an option to uninstall?

Please see this FAQ. Beta builds must be uninstalled before the RTW versions can be downloaded and installed. This is why automatic updates has not downloaded any new updates to this machine since last July. The pre-release software is preventing it.

In order to uninstall the beta, you will need to RDP into the server and uninstall it from ADD/REMOVE programs in the control panel. Be sure to check the "show updates" option.

Thank you.
    Windows Home Server
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:51 AM
  • That did it!  Thank You, thank you, thank you!!!!
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:02 AM