Windows 7 media center unable to play DVD folders on WHS RRS feed

• Question

• WMC is able to play DVD folders on the ocal PC. However when pointed to WHS shares it is able to see the folder but clicking on folder takes it one level in. If I click on one of the VOB files under the VIDEO_TS folder, WMC starts "playing" the content. However only audio output is heard and there is nothing on display. Anyone else seen this problem ? I have tried this on 2 different Win 7 PCs at home and the result is the same

Anything that doesnt have a self limiting factor is of the devil.
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:53 PM

All replies

• This is a function of Windows 7 Media Center, rather than Windows Home Server. However, there is a registry tweak which (I believe; I have not configured a Windows 7 Media Center PC yet) is still valid: SearchNetworkFolders. You can find more information about this and other Media Center registry tweaks on The Green Button , or any number of other Media Center-centric sites.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:15 AM
  • I am like you and I have ripped all my DVDs to my home server, I have over 200 ripped so far. I use My Movies (Software Review) to play the DVDs from my Home Server to my WMC machines. It provides a fantastic interface (integrates directly into WMC) that is remote control friendly (in case you are using a TV). It is working great on my Vista and Win 7 machines. There is a Home Server addin that organizes the DVDs and a client for each of your computers. Best of all it is FREE.

www.justechn.com
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:36 PM