Supported javascript libraries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a situation where i have to reference and use Jquery and JSon javascript libraries in the CRM form. But when I run Microsoft Custom code validation tool it raises issues in the source code of the two libraries. Does referencing these libraries will deprive the project from Microsoft support?

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, the XrmServiceToolkit only uses supported methods for the Soap calls.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by AhmedRNassar Monday, November 25, 2013 4:23 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 1:21 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

The warnings about the libraries are false positives and can be ignored. The import thing is how you are using the libraries. Microsoft will only support you if you are using only techniques described in the SDK. If you are using jQuery and JSON purely for ajax calls then that is ok - but if you are doing any DOM manipulation that that would be be unsupported.

You should also note that using jQuery in CRM2013 requires a bit of extra consideration so as not to collide with CRM's own version of jquery - see http://develop1.net/public/post/jQueryNamespacing.aspx

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:40 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your reply. I am using XRMservicetoolkit http://xrmservicetoolkit.codeplex.com/ to deactivate a records using xrmservicetoolkit.Soap.SetState() function. Is it with Microsoft support?
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:08 AM
  • Correct me Scott if I am wrong, XrmServiceToolKit's entire methods are supported as well as multi browser supported.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:05 AM
  • Is it right Scott? :)

Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, the XrmServiceToolkit only uses supported methods for the Soap calls.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

• Marked as answer by AhmedRNassar Monday, November 25, 2013 4:23 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 1:21 PM
    Answerer
  • I think by referencing it will not create any problem.

But are you following any order in adding those libraries in your project. If not follow this order 

1) Jquery

2)Json

3)XrmServicetoolkit

4) form events

5)field events.

Try this one also

Monday, November 25, 2013 1:48 PM