Invoice a contract RRS feed

• Question

• Question here...

I create a contract with it's contract lines. When I invoice the contract, should I see the invoice in my Invoices entity? Or is the Invoce contract button just a way to a contract the final version?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:04 PM

Answers

• Invoice contract means that amount is paid by customer, it will not automatically create invoice...

it should be work other way  around (I think!!), you got invoice paid and based on that contract created and invoiced..

Once contract made invoiced you will not able change any values on contract, you can add/cancle contract lines on them...based on contract start date and endate..it will become active and expired as well...

Hope this helps..

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, April 29, 2010 9:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, April 30, 2010 4:32 PM
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:09 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Invoice contract means that amount is paid by customer, it will not automatically create invoice...

it should be work other way  around (I think!!), you got invoice paid and based on that contract created and invoiced..

Once contract made invoiced you will not able change any values on contract, you can add/cancle contract lines on them...based on contract start date and endate..it will become active and expired as well...

Hope this helps..

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, April 29, 2010 9:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, April 30, 2010 4:32 PM
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:09 PM
    Answerer
  • That's perfectly clear. The help file confused me a little as I read that I should see the Invoice under Invoices ;)

I was thinking just what you said, or either create an Invoice with a workflow.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:57 PM