Service calendar is very slow to load. RRS feed

• Question

• The default view for the service calendar is Facilities/Equipment.  My installation has around 300 facilities entered.  I assume this is the reason that it takes around 2 minutes for the Service Calendar to load.  Where the calednar would normally be display I only see white.  If I try to change views to one with less items I will still see white.  I have to wait for the first calednar to load, after it loads I can quickly access any calendar view for the next 5 minutes or so.  After 5 minutes I have to wait for it to load again.  This is the only portition of the installation which takes this long.  Any other view, even accounts which has 5000 records, loads instantly.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Jay,

which roll up is installed on CRM server and client?

also check this kb article regarding performance and see if this helps..

http://www.mskbarticles.com/index.php?kb=968755

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:55 PM
    Answerer
  • Rollup 9 is installed on the server.  Client access is via web.

The article you referenced, are the performance issues specific to the calendar views, or to the entire deployment?  Every part of this deployment loads instantly excpet the service calendar.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:37 PM
  • This is not specific service calender but general CRM issue...

try loading the service calender on CRM server and see if this fast there or still slow..

Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:43 PM
    Answerer
  • It loads instantly on the server.
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:19 PM
  • it could be something related to network (my guess!!)

so can you please check response time on client system by doing ping to the db server and then do ping from application server to db server ....then compare two results..

Friday, July 30, 2010 9:51 AM
    Answerer
  • I think if they are using the web interface then the server is doing the work and local network will only make minor difference.

- Have you customised the attribute icons?

- Are you accessing the calendar on the server using te same profile as the test on the client site (if not - do the different profiles have different security rights on the system)?

- Are the facilities a collection across business units or within one business unit?

- Are you showing or hiding conflicts in the default view?

Friday, July 30, 2010 11:18 AM
  • Ping time to both servers is 1 ms.
    Monday, August 2, 2010 12:29 PM
  • There are no custom attribute icons.

When I tried from the server I was using a different account.  I just tried again using the test account, and it loads slow on the server as well.  So it appears to be a user related problem.

The facilities are all in the same business unit.

Conflicts are not being shown.

It appears that the problem may actually me global.  It looks like the calendar need only be loaded by one person in order for it to speed up for everyone.  If 10 minutes (give or take) lapses between a calendar access then someone will have to wait for the long reload.  I will try to test this.

Monday, August 2, 2010 12:34 PM
  • We just loaded a bunch of custom Icons and suddenly performance is extremely slow. How would custom icons cause this?  Is there a fix or do we just get rid of the custom icons?
    Ken Compter
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:50 PM