none
Outlook 2010 - Set Shared Calendar as Default View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm working with a client trying to figure out a weird problem in Outlook 2010.  She is using Exchange, and has several shared Calendars, one of which she uses more than her own, and she only wants this one to display, and be her default when she opens Outlook.  In Outlook 2007 it would "remember" this and the shared calendar would remain as the only active one, even if she closed Outlook and re-opened it.  With 2010 however, it does not seem to do this.  I've tried some different things, such as running outlook in /safe and tried moving the shared calendar out of its group and putting it in the main calendar group, but nothing seems to work.  If anyone has any ideas on how I could get this to happen, or if maybe there's a scripting solution we could try, I would appreciate it.

• Moved by 许阳(无锡) Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:44 AM off-topic (From:Outlook for Developers)
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ThirdEchelon,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Based on my understanding, this issue is more like a end-user question for the Outlook. Would you please post it in the Microsoft Outlook Forums http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeoutlook?  This forum is for developers.

Have a great day,

Best Regard!

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:44 AM
  • Did you get any resolution on this as I am having this problem to and every time I go from mail to clendar it keeps flipping back to my calendar when I want it to stay on the shared calendar ??  I had converted to office 2010 a few weeks ago but I think the problem just started.  Thanks
    Monday, April 18, 2011 7:42 PM
  • I tried everything and the only thing that works is using "Overlay."  I use my supervisor's calendar more than mine so it has always been the default calendar, but in 2010, my calendar always comes up.  By using overlay, your calendar will have two tabs.  Select the tab for the default calendar and you work in Outlook as always.  I find it annoying, but I've learned you can adjust to anything--sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:34 PM