Exporting CRM Solution via API (ExportSolutionRequest) gives different result to Manual Export via UI in CRM 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We were using CRM 2011 Online, and were recently upgraded to CRM 2013.

    We had an automated process that was exporting our solution from our CRM.

    Since the upgrade I've noticed that the solution export via API gives a different result to exporting the solution manually via the UI.  Specifically, the difference is in the customizations.xml file: the manually exported solution includes "SavedQueries" entries, where the API exported solution does not.

    When loading our solution into a test CRM instance, the API exported solution does not work, but the manually exported one does.

    I'm setting all the options to true in both cases, and the solution is unmanaged.

    We are using the 2011 API, but I tried to upgrade to the 2013 API DLLs and it didn't seem to change anything.



    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:57 AM