Using LiveUpdate Software - Computer running very slow - what do I need to do? RRS feed

• Question

• This week I uploaded the LiveUpdate software and it detected and cleaned the trojan virus from my computer.  My computer continues to run very slow.  I have run all the liveupdate programs and it still runs slow and the rating for my computer says my computer is running "fair".  What else should I do to improve the speed performance.  Note - I have a lot of free disk space.

Thanks so much for your help!

Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:41 PM

Answers

• When you say the "Live Update" software I'm guessing you mean Live One Care. The most common reason for poor performance after installation of One Care is conflicting software such as other antivirus or antispyware programs. Removing any conflicting programs, if any are present on your computer, should resolve the performance issue. If you open One Care you will see the reason for the "Fair" status and a recommended action to take to return your status to "Good".
    If your computer performance remains poor I suggest contacting support for help. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 10:34 PM