Vista and performance RRS feed

• Question

• Even thought windows 98 lack a number of advanced feautures People adore that for best performance , Infact it is basically designed for stand alone system since no much networking concept is there then . Later they added a bit of networking stuf f but it lacks SECURITY ..

But now Windows XP is very slow and require huge CPU cycles to perform well, So, How do u rate the performance of WINDOWS VISTA ?

Do, share ur Views !

Rams

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:29 AM

All replies

• vista eats a lot of RAm.. It needs atleast 6 GB to install..Vista ultimate takes around 12 GB.. An OS 6GB!!!! its out of the world man.. We have to install all other sotfwares in extra like office.. It has features like ur flash can act as memory by selectin an option..This is cool but will be slow compared to memory we use now
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:09 AM
  • Vista is a hardware monster. I prefer XP
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:18 PM
  • the microsoft guys must have thought abt all the issues when developing the new OS.

It is very difficult to provide security to the popular softwares because the no of people trying to break or attack it have increased fourfold. People generally tend to attack the latest system.

If whole world was using windows 98 I think it may have disintegrated.

I would like to quote from darwins theory change is inevitable.We have to constantly adapt to it to survive

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:15 PM
  • with u anoop.
    Friday, March 2, 2007 7:54 PM