Visual Studio 2012: Express vs Professional for ASP.NET MVC Programming RRS feed

• Question

• What is the difference between Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web and Visual Studio 2012 Professional for ASP.NET MVC 4 programming? I'm restricting myself to ASP.NET with C# here.

Also, are there any professionals who use VS Express?

Regards,

Vivek

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:05 AM off-topic issue
    Monday, April 1, 2013 4:57 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

VS General Question forum mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since you are working with ASP.NET MVC4 programming and want to know the differences between Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web and Visual Studio 2012 Professional about ASP.NET MVC4 programming, I am not ASP.NET expert, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for professional solution and support.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, January 17, 2014 10:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:03 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

VS General Question forum mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since you are working with ASP.NET MVC4 programming and want to know the differences between Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web and Visual Studio 2012 Professional about ASP.NET MVC4 programming, I am not ASP.NET expert, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for professional solution and support.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, January 17, 2014 10:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:03 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:53 AM
  • Hello,

Specifically, this should be asked in the ASP.Net MVC forum on forums.asp.net.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, January 17, 2014 10:38 PM