none
Is there a timeline for Developer Forums to function again? Now search service down!

General discussion

• Technet Forums seem operable however Developer Forums seem out to lunch for the past few hours. Is there any timeline for Developer Forums to come back on line?

La vida loca

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:37 PM

All replies

• What's going on? I can browse some of the forums in your activity.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 28, 2016 9:07 PM
  • Seems OK at this time.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, November 28, 2016 9:26 PM
  • What's going on? I can browse some of the forums in your activity.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

No MSDN Links works such as this link https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=search%20msdn%20library&beta=0&ac=8 which is for the MSDN Library search engine and only displays the below image.

I was able to view my own threads at the time I created this thread. Now those do not appear but just a blank page that never loads and no data is received during the entire time that is occurring.

I figure even if I was banned I could view threads when not logged on or any number of things. But maybe not.

La vida loca

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:24 AM
  • I did see a forums-wide outage after I replied your thread. I asked fissues but still unknown to me what happened. My Threads is working for me as of this post.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:30 AM
  • Shortly after I posted above, I also experienced problems. I could not view any forums. As of now things are normal again for me.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:56 AM
  • Shortly after I posted above, I also experienced problems. I could not view any forums. As of now things are normal again for me.

Well I rebooted my system about an hour ago and just now accessed MSDN and it's all working currently so maybe my system was at issue although no other websites or links tried, except MSDN links, were having issues previously.

La vida loca

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Now, 3:30 A.M. CMT 01 Dec 2016 the search service is down so basically Forums offline.

La vida loca

Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:31 AM
  • Right, having the same problem here :( I accessed your post from my forums (last post). There is no way to browse forums normally.

BTW, I sent email to fissues but no response yet. You can send one as well.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, December 1, 2016 11:12 AM
  • They did acknowledge the issue.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/status/

Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:33 PM
  • At present it affects any filtering of MSDN or TechNet forums, but not the TechNet Wiki or the blogs. It even affects the TechNet and MSDN forum home pages (no filter). The only usable page is the "My Threads" view.

Edit: Thanks for posting that link to the blog post.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:45 PM
  • OK, I think the forums might have come back for me just now.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Still hit and miss for me.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 2:22 PM
  • The forums work great for me at this time. Per the latest blog post at this link, the issue has just recently been resolved:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/status/

Friday, December 2, 2016 1:51 PM
  • FYI;

Hi Dave,

This is to let you know that we have encountered the same issue again which is related to our Social Forums indexing system had been overloaded, so we’ve been working to reconfigure and optimize our resources in order to mitigate the issues.

Friday, December 2, 2016 2:29 PM
  • The indexing issue probably explains why I see so many threads shown as not answered when they are, or having no replies when they have several replies.

Friday, December 2, 2016 2:47 PM
  • Probably is true. The database may have grown to where re-indexing can no longer keep up while its online/in-use.

Friday, December 2, 2016 2:57 PM