Site crawled Dec 7 but doesn't show up in search? RRS feed

• Question

• I submitted http://www.villabellemer.com and it was crawled on Dec. 7th, but is not found even typing in the url. Can you help me have it properly indexed so it can be found? I have done an xml file for microsoft so I don't understand why it is not being indexed.

HELP.

batch

Friday, January 4, 2008 2:22 PM

Answers

•  batche wrote:

I submitted http://www.villabellemer.com and it was crawled on Dec. 7th, but is not found even typing in the url. Can you help me have it properly indexed so it can be found? I have done an xml file for microsoft so I don't understand why it is not being indexed.

HELP.

batch

So I did some looking around and it looks like your site is still very fresh.  Here's what I found:

You also have some challenges that could be fixed for all the engines. You are using flash for your navigationa and flash is notoriously difficult for engines to crawl. Your sitemap alone will not help with that.  There is an interesting article at searchrank on the topic.  There are also lots of other good resources on this.   You could help us by following one of our Guidelines for successful indexing.

• Make sure that each page is accessible by at least one static text link.

How you do this is up to you, but I am sure that will help us find you pages. Also I think you have a great opportunity to get listed by St. Martin's chamber of commerce or visitor's center.  Getting yourself highlighted in authortative local sites for St. Martin helps alot in building the reputation of a site.  

Also you might consider writing a blog on your page.  I offer this as a suggestion, because I think you could really expand your FAQs so that someone like myself who has never been to St. Martin can read about issues or things to see.   I would read that if I was planning a trip to St. Martin and you could get really high quality links from that.

I need to look at your locale issue a bit more.  It could be beause of where you are hosting the site.   I will followup if I can track down the specifics.

Jeremiah

Friday, January 4, 2008 6:35 PM

All replies

• Another unsuspecting live tools victim.

Your site is actually "indexed" but nobody can see it.  If you go to this link you'll see live does have it, but it's just not part of the SERPs.   You are now about the 10th person on a site with 40 people to come and ask this question in the last month and as of yet we have no answers.

Why does Live require a user to type in site:www.name.com to find sites?

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Awww.villabellemer.com&form=QBNO
    Friday, January 4, 2008 2:42 PM
  • Well I am VERY glad you have told me that. I now have an explanation for my client. Now, I guess I should just advise people not to use msn for measuring their site's effectiveness and unfortunately, this will reduce their value. Providing news and good portals is one thing, but adding a site that is not searchable using its URL is absurd. And who founded this company? How many billions has he made and he can't figure this out? This conclusion is making us webmasters look bad with otherwise good results elsewhere.

As a business person, this ought to be on the TOP priority of MSN search. Otherwise, you might as well get out of the big boy's game.

Friday, January 4, 2008 3:01 PM
  •  batche wrote:

I submitted http://www.villabellemer.com and it was crawled on Dec. 7th, but is not found even typing in the url. Can you help me have it properly indexed so it can be found? I have done an xml file for microsoft so I don't understand why it is not being indexed.

HELP.

batch

So I did some looking around and it looks like your site is still very fresh.  Here's what I found:

You also have some challenges that could be fixed for all the engines. You are using flash for your navigationa and flash is notoriously difficult for engines to crawl. Your sitemap alone will not help with that.  There is an interesting article at searchrank on the topic.  There are also lots of other good resources on this.   You could help us by following one of our Guidelines for successful indexing.

• Make sure that each page is accessible by at least one static text link.

How you do this is up to you, but I am sure that will help us find you pages. Also I think you have a great opportunity to get listed by St. Martin's chamber of commerce or visitor's center.  Getting yourself highlighted in authortative local sites for St. Martin helps alot in building the reputation of a site.  

Also you might consider writing a blog on your page.  I offer this as a suggestion, because I think you could really expand your FAQs so that someone like myself who has never been to St. Martin can read about issues or things to see.   I would read that if I was planning a trip to St. Martin and you could get really high quality links from that.

I need to look at your locale issue a bit more.  It could be beause of where you are hosting the site.   I will followup if I can track down the specifics.

Jeremiah

Friday, January 4, 2008 6:35 PM
  • Jeremiah,

I followed your guidelines and added text links to the (one) all flash page, enhanced key words and added a better description. It still hasn't been crawled since December 7th. All the other pages outside the one index.html page all had static text links, but now the index.html has it too. I added it about 2 weeks ago and it is still not showing up.

batche

Saturday, January 12, 2008 10:50 PM