Windows Media Services development in VS2012 (C++) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I have an application that creates WMSPublishingPoint. After migration to VS2012 (from VS2010) I can't compile the project due to an error 'can't open include file "wmsserver.h"'. This file is shipped with WindowsSDK 7.1 and earlier versions, but there is no such file in SDK for Windows 8 (in case of mine installation, I hope you'll help). If I choose platform toolset vs110_xp - it's OK. But I need the v110 toolset.

I tried to reinstall SDK, but it didn't help.

Maybe there is any additional link to install Windows Media Services SDK for VS2012?
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:33 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:33 AM
  • Might ask them over here.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowssdk&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 20, 2013 12:50 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:18 AM
  • Thank you, Amanda.
    Friday, September 13, 2013 6:41 AM