Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0. error while importing data from flatfile to crm using ssis package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i'm trying to import data from flatfile to crm2011 using ssis package.

my package worked fine on the local system but when i checked them into Team foundation server and trying to execute there was a message that your package has upgraded and when i run it the following error occured. can some one help me with this error.

i created the package in vs2012 which executed well and the TFS was in MS sqlserver data tools 2013.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Monday, May 16, 2016 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The SSIS package generally does not contain other dll's, as a result you may need to copy the sdk dll to the target server before trying to run it.

If I remember correctly the SSIS pack on the server can be referenced on the drive (as apposed to being in the database) in which case, copying the SDK dll to the directory where your package sits should help.

regards,

Don

• Marked as answer by venky NV Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Answer: Make sure that you have copied the assembly Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk with version 5.0.0 on the MS sqlserver machine as  you are running the package from this machine.

Thanks,

Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Edited by Sam-Inogic Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The SSIS package generally does not contain other dll's, as a result you may need to copy the sdk dll to the target server before trying to run it.

If I remember correctly the SSIS pack on the server can be referenced on the drive (as apposed to being in the database) in which case, copying the SDK dll to the directory where your package sits should help.

regards,

Don

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Answer: Make sure that you have copied the assembly Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk with version 5.0.0 on the MS sqlserver machine as  you are running the package from this machine.

Thanks,

Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Edited by Sam-Inogic Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:01 AM
  • Thank you,

i will try that.

and i fixed the package when i ran it through ssdt2012 tfs rather than ssdt 2013 tfs.

i will try your answer if i need to do it from ssdt 2013 

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:12 PM
  • Thank you,

i will try that.

and i fixed the package when i ran it through ssdt2012 tfs rather than ssdt 2013 tfs.

i will try your answer if i need to do it from ssdt 2013 

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:12 PM